Deno doesn’t need any package managers and dependencies and registry. It has a built-in tool and it is secured by default and has no access to file, network, and environment access. Deno dispatches as a single executable without any dependencies.
Deno and Node.js Comparision:
- It use ES module as the default, instead of using CommonJs
- It uses URLs for loading remote or local dependencies, related to browers
- Deno includes built-in package manager, so we don’t need NPM
- It redesigns API to make use of promises, TypeScript and ES6 features.
- Deno focuses to give greater compatibility with browsers with broad range of API
In this article we are going to learn how to install Deno on Windows, Linux, Mac.
For installing Deno, as per machine type run the following commands:
Mac and Linux:
Run the following commands on your Mac and Linux Shell to install deno.
curl -fsSL https://deno.land/x/install/install.sh | sh
Run the below commands on Windows PowerShell to install deno.
iwr https://deno.land/x/install/install.ps1 -useb | iex
Install Deno via Package Manager:
Homebrew for Mac:
brew install deno
Chocolately for Windows:
choco install deno
Scoop for Windows:
scoop install deno
For more see the Deno official website.
Congratulations! We successfully installed Deno. In this article we have learned how to install Deno on Windows, Mac, Linux machines.